- the tick tock of the 100 year-old school clock hanging in our home
- the chiming of the grandfather clock in the night when I wake up and don't feel like opening my eyes to check the time. Yes, we have many, many clocks in this home.
-the 'stomp stomp stomp' of the JD Salesman's feet as he arrives home each day. This one is beyond soothing. It brings such joy and a settled feeling of comfort.
- the furnace coming on in the morning as I turn up the thermostat. All my growing up years were in a home with a coal heater to keep the house warm. I appreciate a dependable gas furnace.
- the 'pad-pad' of little feet coming up the stairs in the early morning when family is visiting
- the 'Hi Mom' on the phone when one of the three or their spouses call or I call them
- the sound of the vehicle when I turn the key. When it doesn't happen for some reason I realize how much I have to be thankful the many, many times it does start. I take it for granted so often.
- the whistle of the kettle boiling in the morning. Coffee is coming ! and I like my coffee......
- the 'quiet' when the wind does NOT blow
Not exactly profound but I am choosing to see the good, to enjoy all that I have. We are so, so blessed in this country, in this part of the country. I sometime complain about stuff that doesn't matter, about weather ( how unproductive is that!) and all manner of other things. remind me of my list when you hear me complain......