Thursday, September 8, 2011

Accepting

I have been doing much pondering since the last post. It hasn't been all good. Found myself floundering in sadness, melancholy, pain. I sent a long email to a couple telling them the many, many reasons why I don't like the end of summer, the onset of fall. I could come up with quite a list!

Yesterday I 'heard' , not in an audible way but still 'heard' "Why do you keep holding on to these things?". Good question!

This morning I looked up the verse that says "forgetting what is behind" (Phil. 3:13). I don't think that means to ignore, to try to blot out but maybe to not 'camp' on the past, to not find identity in the past.

I truly don't wish to become an old lady who only recalls the pain, the difficult times. And my pain is rather trivial compared to what others deal with!

So.... I trust I can have have a new outlook on this season. There is such beauty to enjoy and so much to celebrate. I have so much for which to be thankful. That is where I want to live.

3 comments:

Just Be Real said...

Thank you for sharing and the reminder. Blessings.

Peggy said...

I can relate to your not liking the end of summer and anxiety about moving forward. I pray for both of to have a new outlook this fall and embrace the changes He brings with thankfulness.

Jenn Jantz said...

good thoughts..again!!! ♥