Friday, July 18, 2008

I am learning....

It is over 35 years and I am learning more about marriage.....
The longer we are married the better it is... no, I didn't say it was 'perfect' and that we don't have to work at our relationship.  But it is good.  
I am learning that marriage is just that: good.  There is much to celebrate, to enjoy and that is where I want to focus.  In our 'efforts' to help people see the seriousness of marriage I think we have forgotten to encourage the good in marriage, the 'good' that we can celebrate.
The longer I am married the more I want to please, help, build up, love this Man!  I am learning (please note I said 'learning'!) to put him ahead of myself.  I am basically selfish..... but some of the things that I have, in the past, thought were so important really amount to a pile of rubbish!
In the last weeks as I have thought about these things, I have also thought about God and how He compares marriage to relationship to Him.  I am seeing how some of these things I am observing about my marriage also apply to my relationship with God.....
I know many people have eloquently written about marriage and about relationship with God. I know I am not eloquent but I also know that no one, nothing can take away my experience and for that I give thanks!

No comments: