Thursday, May 21, 2009

Teresa of Avila

I don't claim to know anything about Teresa of Avila.  (I could learn something I guess......) but I discovered this poem and because it struck a cord with me, I would like to share it....

LAUGHTER CAME FROM EVERY BRICK  ( Teresa of  Avila)

Just these two words He spoke changed my life,
"Enjoy me."
What a burden I thought I was to carry-- a crucifix, as did He.
Love once said to me,
"I know a song.  Would you like to hear it?"
And laughter came from every brick in the street and from every pore in the sky.
After a night of prayer, He changed my life when He sang,
"Enjoy me."

....... I seem to be reminded at various levels, in different ways to live in the moment, seize the day, enjoy God. 

1 comment:

toomanywhatifs said...

I like this alot! And, thanks to you posting this I found a site I've been looking for for a long time!