Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Grand Children and Grandchildren

Yes, they are all grand....

Earlier in the month I visited the Edmonton family and last weekend it was the two families in Manitoba.  Ideally it would be great to have them all closer, well, ideally for us!  But then there would be no reason to take a road trip for a few hours or take a flight over Saskatchewan.  So one finds the good things to enjoy.

And enjoy I do!  The hugs, cuddles, the story reading, playing on the swings, watching the dance class as the 3 year-old learns the 'moves?', watching the oldest girls in their first dance recital, listening to the early morning singing of a 2 year-old boy, the mischief in the eyes of those 3 youngest ones..... it is all good!

And then there is the pleasure of conversation with the grand children, all 6 adults.  I am not sure how to find words to express my thankfulness.  And I am so proud of them all.......

By the way, in case I give the wrong impression, none of them are perfect but that doesn't change my love for them and I see them loving me in return in my imperfections as a mom and grandmother.

No comments: