Sunday, June 7, 2009

A movie

I say, "a movie" because the movies I watch are so few and far between.  It is not that I don't enjoy movies but we seldom go to see a movie in a theatre and if we do we usually have to phone one of the kids and ask what to see!  I never get around to checking the TV schedule to find a good movie and when it comes to renting one, well, I rarely bother.
But in my recent trip to visit family our daughter-in-law invited me to watch a movie with her.  The next day I told her I couldn't get it out of my mind, I kept playing it over and over.  So I recommend "After the wedding".  I cannot tell you much about it, actors, producers, etc.  except that it is Danish and maybe that was part of the intrigue for me.  After all my blood is pure Dane.   So there are subtitles which make it a bit harder to follow.  
But the whole story could have turned any which way at any point.  It was totally unpredictable.  It also revealed to me some of my pre-judging of people, my prejudices.  I am thankful for the many methods that reveal more the "me" that needs redemption.
And it gave some good conversation with my 'kids'.

No comments: