Thursday, March 22, 2012

Danielle

July, 1972.  I know, that was a very, very looooong time ago!

I was living with my sister and her family.  Her husband was away on business but they were invited to a wedding.  I 'sort of' knew the couple so Chris asked me to go with her.  That evening a young good looking farm boy invited me to check out Drumheller with him.  Turns out that Farmer is now a JD Salesman.  Interesting......

Back to the wedding.... Clint and Janet were the couple who married that day and through the last 40 years we have been in touch with them off and on.  We visited them in BC at Summerland, Wasa, Kamloops, Merritt.  They pastored churches, supervised a denomination, cared for 3 growing children, elderly parents.  They poured their lives into so many, many people.  They were wounded in so many, many situations.  There was a time I wondered if they would ever recover but last spring it was evident that yes, they were being healed and were back into people's lives, Clint as chaplain in the penitentiary near Kamloops,  Janet busy with adult kids and a 'herd' of beloved grand kids.

Then in January they had a phone call that has turned their world 'upside down and inside out' I believe is the way Janet described it.  Danielle, age 34 ( at the time) mother to 3 little people was diagnosed with breast cancer.

I would encourage you to follow her story.

Danielle is a great writer, incredibly honest.  She and her family are willing to share their story with 'the world' which I so admire and respect.

Be encouraged by her.......




1 comment:

Janet said...

Hi Karin, I've just discovered your blog, thanks to Dee.
I really appreciate this post. Thank you for taking the time to invite people to Danielle's blog. I too, think it is worth reading. This is a journey too big and far reaching to keep to ourselves. As Danielle quoted from a little Oriental acupuncturist . . ."everybody suffa".
Love Janet