Tuesday, March 6, 2012

perpective

We have had a relatively mild winter season in this part of the world.  There has been little snow to contend with, fairly mild temperatures making life easy when traveling even to the post office and for groceries.
Then March came! and now we are having some cold, wind and snow.
As I looked out the window this morning my first reaction was to whine.  Whine about the wind, the snow piling in front of the house, in the driveway.  Then reality hit:  we have a warm cozy house.  So many in the US lost their homes last week, others in Calgary and in hundreds of cities on this continent have never had the privilege of a house that belongs to them, have no shelter in this brief winter spell.
As the years pile up the JD Salesman and I realize that it is so easy to become whiny, complaining, seeing the dark-side of the glass half empty.
How I long to live thankfully, to believe that IN all things God works for my good, to accept clouds, dark days, pain, sorrow as well as sunshine and happy times.
So..... if I need to be reminded of that, don't hesitate doing so......

Hey, the sun is peeking through!

2 comments:

Jenn Jantz said...

I heard its been snowing!!! Sounds cozy :)♥
I guess you guys might have to move to California it was 81 F. here yesterday...

Grandma K said...

ooooohhhhhh I am jealous!

Well, I wish it were warmer but I am happy to live right here so maybe I am not really that jealous.....