Thursday, March 19, 2009

It's a-coming, part 2

just skimmed through previous posts and noticed my pessimistic anticipation of the coming of winter. Now the mood is different as I see the hope of spring.
FINALLY the temperature is on the plus side of zero, the sun is higher in the sky and more warmth is penetrating through to us, the snow is beginning to melt and yesterday the horned larks were flitting around the rock garden and announcing their return.
Winter has seemed so very long this year in some ways.  In other ways, I can hardly believe March is on the way out.  I have not accomplished all the winter projects that are still piled in the sewing room and in my mind.  I feel as though I have "wasted" a whole lot of time these last months.  Not easy to release this need to "accomplish" and "perform".  On that note, I better move from this spot and actually "do" something.
Spring is coming..........

2 comments:

Alicia said...

I sure felt the spring fever as we bagged up all the excess in our entry way the fever hit and we started gearing up to rid more and more of stuff that has been piling up and starting to feel like a warm winter coat, but it also was suffocating in a sense, so tomorrow we are hoping to have rid our home of one whole room of belongings. I too feel that no projects are getting done and books are longing to be read, so this today, was an amazing start as we anticipate spring.

toomanywhatifs said...

Horned lark?? I've never heard of that... I need to look it up...

I have a couple tulips braving their way through the cold.