Thursday, October 1, 2009

A sunrise and thoughts

I watched an amazing sunrise the other morning.  I am sure I don't need to mention that the days are certainly getting shorter, the sun rises rather late compared to a couple of months ago!  But that is not the point .....
I watched the clouds, the colors, how they continually changed, moved and were more and more magnificent.  Then this ball of gold started peeking over the horizon.  It was awesome!  My thought was how can I possibly take it all in, how can I enjoy this to the full.  I knew there was no way to really capture the moment.
Now my next thoughts are rather corny I know but I thought, this is how I sometimes feel about my grandkids.  They are changing, they are magnificent, they are moving  and growing.  How can I possibly enjoy them to the fullest extent?  
And sometimes I get so "desperate" about making the most of my time with them that I don't enjoy the moment, don't appreciate the moment.
Seems to me I am continually learning about living in the moment, enjoying the moment.
And so the journey continues.....

2 comments:

Stephy said...

Reminds me of how I feel about enjoying my children. I try to accomplish my "chores" so that I can truly enjoy time with my children and end up missing out on the enjoyment of just being and doing the everyday things of life. Today I will make that effort to enjoy the mundane and everydayness of today.

Alicia said...

..."I am continually learning about living in the moment, enjoying the moment. And so the journey continues..."
This I need to experience more as all the children are growing up and I am constantly trying to enjoy their moments, staying creative and giving them each quality time. We had family hugs tonight where we all got turns to be hugged by everyone, and it was such a delight to see them soak it all in.