Friday, August 13, 2010

Silence

After six months of silence.....

It isn't that life has not been full, that there has not been lots to comment on but somehow it has never been translated into words on a blog. I have barely any entries in my journal either. I follow a number of blogs and so enjoy them! Maybe that is one reason I don't post, I don't think I have anything interesting to post!

I think one reason for the silence has been a grief , one that affects so many people. How do I deal with it? How do I be honest but not condemning? So silence is sometimes the best way.

But there have also been so many joys to enjoy. The celebration of my 60th birthday with the whole family! I felt so loved, so honored. I celebrated for a couple of weeks with friends and most of all with family!

Then there was the family weekend at Grandma and Grandpa's place! Such a memory building time with a trip to Drumheller and one to Calgary Zoo. The huge inukshuk in the yard stands as a memorial to a great family time.

Now it is time to get ready for a weekend of camping, something we don't do enough! The morning is rainy but the forecast is for sunshine eventually so I shall believe that will happen. Before we know it there will be time for snow shovels and Christmas preparations!

1 comment:

Joey said...

So glad to find this entry, GK. Glad to read about your birthday celebration; and amazed at that incredible inukshuk.

Congratulations to you for making memories for kids and grands. These live on and on.