Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Politics!

We are barely into the first week of an election campaign and I can hardly listen to the news. Maybe I have my head in the sand, maybe I don't care enough. Maybe I just wish there wasn't so much smearing and slandering.
I hear so much about a coalition. WELL, I have my own theory about a coalition. There is one, that is for sure but I have my own idea of who makes up the coalition. It plays out like this:
Mrs. Harper strikes me as a quiet, gentle soul. She hails from small town Alberta. Sometime earlier this winter she and her husband were invited to a royal wedding. Can you imagine? Whether one is a monarchist or not it would be a once-in-a -lifetime opportunity to go to a royal wedding.
So..... Mrs. Layton ( yes, I know she goes by her maiden name so this is not politically correct) and Mrs. Ignatieff are jealous. They really don't want Mrs. Harper to be able to go to this wedding. Now we know that women 'control' the nation (???) don't we???? So Mrs. L and Mrs.I join forces and tell their husbands to get with it, create a ruckus, do anything to keep Mrs. Harper from going to this wedding. Hence, the non-confidence vote and the election being called for on May 2. The wedding is on April 29 so there is no way the Harpers will be able to attend.
So that is my theory. Why else would the Liberals want an election when their ratings are so low!

5 comments:

Peggy said...

Great theory about the coalition. Doesn't politics just make you crazy? it does me.

Jenn Jantz said...

aarrgg. WOMEN!!! ;) LOL!

Cheyenne said...

HAHAHAHA! You are the best! I love your theory----and agree, it's all making me a bit wild too!

Jolene said...

Love this! Thanks for the laugh...

KaraLyn said...

Can't say I'm missing seeing all of it play out on T.V!! Great theory:)