Monday, March 26, 2012

Three Hills has got talent!

Saturday afternoon my sister, the JD Salesman and I took in the Three Hills Arts Academy's spring musical: "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat".  If you live within driving distance of Three Hills, have any inclination for drama, this is one to see.

I was not surprised at the talent which made up this production.  Three Hills is teeming with such!  But it is so very impressive to see it all come together in one huge undertaking.  Having never been part of something of this magnitude I don't know all that is involved but I do have an inkling.

There are the costumes, the choreography, the directing of this huge group of people.  It is difficult enough to memorize a number of songs with varying 'beats' and range but then to sing them to recorded music?  Add some pretty fancy footwork at a fast pace and one's head must be spinning.

I hesitate to mention particular characters because they ALL did a fantastic job.  Please know that I appreciated all of them!  But I must tell you about a couple of them.

Pharaoh:  I will never walk through the dairy section in the local grocery store, meet Dan who is in charge of said section and be able to resist a grin!  I had not idea the Pharaoh, in this production, had an 'Elvis' flair and Dan fit the role, played the part and has an exceptional voice.  Absolutely delightful!

And then there is Judah..... aka Daryl.  What can I say...... who would have known he has a latent country boy side!  Smashing in his wide-brim hat! Line dancing? I would never have suspected this ability.  Alicia, do you foresee ranching in the future for your family?  All joking aside, he was so delightful and his 'Benjamin Calypso' was brilliant and so well done.

Take note of the 'Baker' who also plays one of the 'brothers'.  Would you guess he, excuse me, she, is also the director of this whole affair?

Thank you to those who are committed to going to all this work for our entertainment.  Thank you to  the families who really do sacrifice to have family members involved in hours of practice and performance.  It was great!

1 comment:

Alicia said...

It was incredible to experience this performance! Many that I know & love up on the stage. Some for the first time. Stellar show. Oh & the ranch idea.. You are yet another friend who has asked ;)